The only thing I love to buy more than furniture is dishes!!!! I have more glassware, china, dishes, and serveware than any one households truly needs--- but I love every single piece!!! So today's posted project includes both of my favorite things... dishes, and the furntiture that houses them :)
So let's get to it--- my fabulous china cabinet that I did in October of 2009. My lovely mother bought Katy and I matching china cabinets for us to redo and personalize. I didn't get a very good "before" picture back then and could just kick myself! But here's what I did think to snap with my old blackberry:
Here's what the original finish/design is on both the top and bottom... however, I only have a picture of hte bottom. You get the idea though
. So I removed all the hardware, taped up the glass, and primed this bad boy.
Next I painted a couple coats of RED. Shocking I know--- there's practically nothing red in my house at all (sarcasm?). I LOVED the shade--- it was just perfect, especialy with the satin/eggshell sheen. It looks a little more orange-y thought when photographed, I promise, the shade is not quite that obnoxious.
I also picked up some great hardware from Anthropologie to really set my piece apart. When I told my mom that I had chosen green glass hardware... I could tell she was thinking Santa was coming to town. I love them though and they actually look great!!!
I love the finished product!!! I've put everything from Christmas dishes in there to Mema's beautiful blue and white patterns, and now even my brittish colonial ship dishes. Looks pretty good for a $60 china cabinet, yes?? :) Christmas Dishes! So cute!
Mema's assorted blue and white dishes
Hard to tell- but this is what it currently looks like in our dining room
I do love this piece-- however, now I think it needs some black antiquing glaze to really bring out all the details. Since I already have that at the house, that might be my next project!









No comments:
Post a Comment