This project all started while I was stalking one of my favorite blogs- AllThingsThrifty.com. Jo turned me on to it and I was HOOKED! It was so fun to see someone enjoy the same things I do---- finding junk and turning it into something fabulous and unique for my home! In particular-- I saw This Post and I knew it was exactly what I wanted to do!
So without further ado... here's the BEFORE of my $26 dresser from Goodwill...
Hudson and I spray primed the whole thing and then spray painted it bright yellow!!! I wish I could properly describe the look of concern and confusion on the faces of all our suburban neighbors as they walked by haha. They thought we were crazy!
The drawers look like school buses lined up haha
Next we glazed this baby! This was actually my very first attempt glazing EVER. I definitely learned a lot---and know what to do better in the future. We also spray painted the hardware in an oil rubbed bronze to liven it up a bit.
Yeah I know, my hotness is totally overwhelming in this picture
When it was finished it looked great! Hudson was SO impressed. When I told him I was putting a yellow dresser in his Bat Cave I could tell he thought "this is going to be a disaster". And honestly--- up until I put the glaze on, I was starting to think the same thing! However, he not only let me try it out, but worked really hard with me- he's the best :)
Here's the finished product... I think it really is so wonderful!
How great does the glaze look in all these little nooks?!?!
Well another furniture makeover story shared... can't wait to post some more!










Having seen this dresser in person, I can attest to the fact that it is gorgeous!!!!! You are so talented!
ReplyDelete