Pages

2

Monday, June 20, 2011

Destination Wilmington

 



So the time has come to make some exciting news public--- The Hollingsworths are moving!!! Yep-- we are packing up in Tampa and Wilmington bound.  Hudson is going to work for Hollingsworth Cabinetry--- the family business.  This has been in the works for sometime, but really became reality in the past few months.  After much thought, discussion, and even more prayer- we came to the decision that this is the best move for our family. 

Hudson has always wanted to put his fingerprint on something and eventually own his own business--- we are so blessed that he has the opportunity to get started with a company we already value and respect so much.  He'll have time to learn every aspect of the business as he works towards his end goal.  Stay tuned for some exciting news from Hollingsworth Cabinetry as they expand and accomodate to a new market.

I feel it should be said that this is not a decision that has been made lightly--- many tears have been shed in this process.  It is no easy task to leave everything that I know--- my job with the TBB, all my friends, and especially my family.  But I (we) know without a shadow of a doubt that God is directing this move.  As things progress, it becomes more and more evident we are doing what's right.  I never want anyone to mistake our excitement for our future as apathy toward everyone here.  It is a bittersweet milestone and a new adventure that both excites and scares us.

So here are the details of departure.  Hudson and I have already given our notices to the TBB & OSi, and our last days will be July 8.   We will move everything up to Wilmington on July 12/13 (furniture, pets, cars, etc).  I am going up just to assist and supervise--- but Hudson will be staying.  My parents are coming for a visit the 14th-17th, and then I'm going to fly back with them for a week or two.  I want to have some time to see everyone and spend some quality time with them before my permanent move.  Plus as we finish up things with our landlord, I need to be in town until everyting settled.  Once I get to Wilmington, I'll settle in and eventually look for a job. We'll be staying with Bob & Elise for a few months until we get on our feet and buy a house. 

So that's just about everything I think!  As always we appreciate your prayers and greatly need them as we make this huge transition.  We are excited to see what lies ahead, and we hope that we have LOTS of visitors once we get a house :)  And if you're in Tampa/Bradenton - I want to see you before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment