After a week away from the office, I'm just getting back into the swing of things. It's so hard coming back from vacation and readjusting to the day-to-day.
I spent 4 glorious days in New Orleans with my best best friend JoJo (and Brant and Justin)! It was so much fun.... but went entirely too fast!!! When it was time to go the airport, I was baffled at how quickly the time had passed. It is so wonderful to be with friends who are just... easy. It's amazing how we can go months and months without seeing each other, but when we do get together it's like we're roomies all over again.
I really could not have enjoyed myself more--- Jo and I spent every day hanging out, chatting, playing with Brant, and watching our favorite tv shows on dvd (a tradition that has held strong with us since our hurricane days at FSU). Poor Justin was home all week for vacation and instead of peace and quiet he got to cook for us and listen to us carry on for four days straight.
It was so wonderful seeing Brant! He is so smart and makes me laugh so much! I love his obsession with the movie Cars. Aunt Krissy actually did something good and picked out two Cars toys that talk. He loved them!!!! I was so impressed with myself--- since I know NOTHING about buying toys for children--- that he immediately loved them and carried them around the entire time I was there!
It was super hard saying goodbye... especially when we don't have another trip set on the calendar. However, there's a comfort in knowing that no matter how long between visits, or how many life changes occur in the meantime, that when we make the next trek, it will be as if we lost no time at all. I'm so blessed to have such friendship in my life and am so thankful for it. It may take more effort to see each other in the future... but it's totally worth it :)




Aww, this is so bittersweet! I had such a great time with you, but I miss you so much. It was so wonderful to have someone who KNOWS me. I am so blessed to have you in my life! I love you!!!!
ReplyDelete