Pages

2

Monday, August 22, 2011

Life in Wilmington

So to follow suit with the previous posts, here's a little recap of the past month since our move. 

MY BFF VISITS!!

Right after my week long visit home to FL, I had the best surprise! Jo was visiting her friend Jill in NC and they were able to come over to spend the day with me here in Wilmington! I was SO incredibly excited.  I mean when I visited Jo in May we honestly had no idea when we'd see each other again - which was such a horrible feeling.  So when I realized I'd get to see her in our new city I was just elated!!!

Actually--- I was stressed! I had only lived in Wilmington (not counting my week long vacay to FL) for about oh... 3 days.  I had never driven anywhere by myself, and I wanted to be a good tour guide! Thank God for my sweet Husband.  He helped navigate everyone to a meeting point, lead us to a restaurant, and made sure I had good directions for everywhere I wanted to go. 

We went downtown and walked our booties off.  Poor Jill (aka Super Mom) had her double stroller and man did she navigate that thing all over town! She must have incredible upper body strength haha.  It was so good seeing Jo and sweet Brant--- I just can't believe what a little boy he is! Here's some pics from us downtown.  Let it be known that I was actually able to show both of them a couple spots from the TV shows filmed there (Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill)- And those places I found all on my own!

 I love both of these sweet boys! They are so cute!
  Love her! (I wish this wasn't sideways- but I'm having issues with the computer I'm on!)


We took this pic to scare Hudson... mission accomplished - it scared me a little too! haha


THIS & THAT

So here's a few random things to throw in for this catch up blog!

Hudson took me downtown one night so he could show me one of his favorite places- the Front Street Brewery.  On the way there, we saw One Tree Hill filming! I don't even watch the show anymore, but it was so cool to see all the lighting trucks and everything set up!


We've also tried our hand at evening fishing off the dock.  Hudson and I were coming down to the dock in the evenings just to enjoy the view and watch the sunset and we saw all these Mullet jumping! I mean they were everywhere! So we assumed that if we tried fishing the next night we would certainly catch  something!  Isn't it so pretty here? It's so soothing just to sit out there in the evening- there's a nice breeze and it's super pleasant (as long as you bring the bug spray!)


 Well we were wrong about the fishing! haha.  We tried it two nights in a row... and nothing! Well that's not entirely true, I caught a sting ray! Seriously- a STING RAY!!! Really?!?!! Part of me wondered if he followed me from FL since Hudson had assured me that they don't have sting rays up here. After that we gave up for a while.  Bob told us he figured out why they weren't biting... he said that we need to try it in the morning b/c the fish are feeding all day in the creek and aren't hungry when we go out there.  I guess that makes sense. We have a video of me catching the ray and when I get it from Hud I'll post it here :)


I guess the only other update is one that's actually really exciting--- WE FOUND A CHURCH!!! We are both so excited--- we found a church on our first try!  It's called Port City Community Church and it is amazing.  I walked in and if felt just like Bayside at home!!! The worship center looks SO much like Bayside and the structure is very similar.  I was so excited--- we just knew this is where God wanted us.  Then the pastor walks out and Hudson realized it was his old youth pastor! How awesome is that?  It is such a good feeling to have a church home.  It makes Wilmington feel more like a home already.  We are very much looking forward to joining a small group and getting to know some people there.

Well I guess that's all my catch up for now--- I know I missed a bunch of things, but I'll really try to be better about the blog.  












No comments:

Post a Comment