Haha I know I'm silly and yes, the title makes me giggle :) While I'm sure my husband would love a post about his nice physique, I'm actually talking about his first attempt at smoking a pork butt!!!! Yes that's right, his tutorials from the Grill Master (Dad!) have paid off! Hudson followed every detail and tip from Dad and did an incredible job with his first BBQ.
Hud smoked that baby all day Saturday and then had some friends up to the house to enjoy that night. It was fun being able to entertain like we used to. Hudson even let me help a little with the pork. He was running late for golf that morning so he actually let me season them! He told me exactly what he wanted me to do though--- so really, I deserve no credit! haha
I kept an eye on the smoker while he was at the course--- but he did EVERYTHING himself. I was very impressed! And let me tell you, there is nothing like the smell of bbq smoking all day to make a girl feel at home! It was bliss!
And since Hudson was bringing one of our favorite Hilker traditions to Wilmington, I thought I'd make a few of our favorite sides as well. Our typical cole slaw for the sandwiches and some delicious Paula Deen corn! With a few appetizers for the guys while they waited for dinner.
But my personal achievement was the peach cobbler! I had never made one and called mom up to see how hard it would be. She gave me her Mama's recipe and I was so excited (read: Nervous) to try it out. Judging by the response, I think it was a hit!
They came out pretty...
And went fast! Served with ice cream of course!
As much as I enjoy bragging on my dessert, the gold medal for the night goes to the husband--- Hudson did an incredible job!!!! The BBQ was DELICIOUS! Dad would be proud!!!! Check it out...
He did everything by the book---- the marinade, seasons, charcoal/chips, and checked in with Dad every so often. Now that he's got one under his belt, I think he has the confidence to do it again!!! Yay for us! It was such a huge success though, that we need a new batch of E's Best BBQ sauce (hint, hint Daddy), b/c everyone loved it so much!
So here's to my awesome husband and his first (and delicious!) BBQ!!!! Hoping for many more! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment