Pages

2

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3 Month Catch Up!

To say that I have failed as a blogger, seems like a gross understatement at this point.  Since there is absolutely NO way to cover every event since my past posts, we're going to do a cliff's notes version. Enjoy the overview of September, October, and November :)

SEPTEMBER:

LABOR DAY WEEKEND:
Hudson and I went to Tallahassee to kick off FSU's football season! It was so amazing spending time with the Fam and we had SO much fun!



NCSU Game
Not only did we attend a Florida State game, but we also headed over to Raleigh to catch the Wolpack for a home game.  We had a great time with some of Hud's friends from college, as well as a couple of my fellow FSU Grads who live up here now :)  We stayed behind to watch the FSU/Oklahoma game while everyone else went into the stadium.


Hud's B-Day
Next up in September was Hudson's birthday--- he turned a whopping 26! Elise and I threw him a party at Sloop Point and it was so much fun!!! Of course i took ZERO pictures of it! Nice work K.  I even made my Mema's fudge muffin recipe and they turned out perfect! Since I don't have a good picture of the party... I'll just post a the cake that I made for him on his actual b-day. (no idea why i can't roate this darn picture--- it keeps uploading sideways)


OCTOBER

Employment!
Well big news in October---- I got a job!!! I became the Membership Director at Pine Valley Country Club!  Not only am I going to be doing Membership Sales, but I'll also be handling all Marketing and booking of Events :)  It's an awesome opportunity, and a great transition of my skill set.   It was a whirlwind interview process and I started on Oct 10.  Really hard to believe that next week, I will have been here 2 months! 




Church
Also in October we joined a small group through our new church.  We absolutely love it! We couldn't ask for a better group of couples to meet with weekly.  We've so enjoyed getting to know all of them and really look forward to developing those relationships.  It's hard to express how grateful I am for this group of friends so soon into our new life in Wilmington.  The gals in the group put together a book for me called "The Girlfriends Guide to Wilmington" - it was AMAZING! They all put in all the things I need to know about living here--- best restaurants, fun things to do, doctors, hair stylists, etc.! It is amazing! I loved reading through it and I've already found some new favorite places in Wilmington thanks to the Guide!

NOVEMBER

Mountain Bound!
We took our annual family trip to the mountains in November- and it was awesome! It was so good to be with my parents, Katy & Justin, Whitey, and the Gambills (sans Greerzy).  Mom got all the gals tickets to the Biltmore Christmas one day and it was so pretty!! We had such a lovely time together.  Teresa bought us all matching ornaments so we can all remember how much fun we had--- which is good, b/c not one of us took a single picture!!!  The boys of course had lots of fun as always.  Lots of football was watched and we just spent time enjoy each other's company.

The boys (minus Steve).  Poor Hudson was having eyeball issues all weekend :(


 The courhouse where we got our marriage license--- the trees were beautiful! This was the best I could get while Hud drove

Green Bay
Hudson and I went to watch the Bucs play in Green Bay!!!!!! I will actually type a whole entry about that trip, but here's a pic for now :)


Thanksgiving
We spent Thanksgiving this year with Bob & Elise.  It was just the four of us.  It was actually really nice! It was low key and we had a great day watching football and of course eating :) I made Mema's pecan pie recipe and an apple pie.  I also made Mom's pumpkin dip which Bob & Hudson killed!  I'm glad it was a hit!

Henry came into town late Friday night and suprised us! It was so great to see him! We hadn't seen Hen since we moved in July.  We had a great time and were so sad to see him go!  Looking forward to seeing him again this month.

And of course we watched lots of college football that Saturday.  Specifically FSU v UF.  Despite the ridiculous commentary (which I could write an entire blog post about- SO BAD!), victory was sweet! Always a great year when you beat BOTH rivals :)

>>>;;GO-NOLES-->>


 Well that's all the catch up for now--- I'll try to keep up in December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment