I spent the morning/daytime shopping with my mom, sister, and Whitey-- a Birthday tradition! We had so much fun! While we were shopping, Hudson's parents drove over from Wilmington. It was wonderful to have all my family together.
When we got back from shopping, we changed into our party attire :) I had found a fabulous purple sparkly dress that I loved! Hey just b/c it was a family party, didn't mean I wasn't going to glam up for the big 3-0! Katy gave me some AMAZING accessories for my birthday to go with my dress. I felt just like a princess!!!! Seriously- check out this bling!!!!!!!
Complete with Crown :)
The Birthday Girl and her Lumberjack
Love these :)
We had a decadent dinner--- Covie's Kitchen (A to die for baked oyster dish), cesar salad, and of course champagne! Most of the evening was spent just chatting and having a great time with each other.
Am I forgetting something? Oh yes.... GIFTS!!!! I was absolutely and seriously SPOILED. I was seriously overwhelmed by everyone. Here's just a few snippets...I swear I'm not bragging, just want to include the details of a most wonderful birthday.
A BEAUTIFUL blue topaz surrounded by sapphire ring. My dad started me with blue topaz jewelry when I was 5. He was setting the bar high forever married me one day (haha Hudson!).
Hudson treated me with a gorgeous Elsa Peretti cross from Tiffany. I guess he did pick up a few tricks from Dad.
Whitey gave me an absolutely amazing copper cuff bracelet. She got it at one of the artist galleries in downtown Waynesville. It has intircate carvings and is about 4 inches wide! I am obsessed with it! She also gave me a lovely bangle from my favorite Anna Maria silver shop-- the Sterling Anvil. I'll post pictures soon--- the ones I have are blurry.
Mom also gave me the most beautiful sterling earrings from the Sterling Anvil. They are interconnecting rings and i LOVE them! I seriously wear them all the time! Again- need to get a good picture!
Renie & Russ sent up some Beautiful Red vases that I can't wait to put in our house! And Teresa gave me my very first piece of Cranberry glass. As you know, I have been collecting pieces of Ruby glass for years. I love the cranberry shade and can't wait to find more exquisite pieces to add!
The Hollingsworth family gave me an extremely special gift. Elise, and the women in her family have always worn garnets (you can see why we get along so well). While Elise was visiting her aunt in MA last fall, they picked out a piece to pass along to me for my milestone birthday. This gorgeous ring was Elise's grandmother's. It is so incredibly special to me, and the gesture is too precious for words. What an incredible and sincere welcoming into their family.
Nothing better than being with loved ones on a special day- so incredibly grateful for family that traveled and planned their holidays around my birthday wish.
I am so blessed and will never forget this amazing milestone.






No comments:
Post a Comment