Pages

2

Thursday, June 28, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

It still amazes me how quickly time can pass and how much can change in 12 months.  A year ago, I was packing up our house in Tampa, crying every day, and spending every waking moment with the family and friends I was about to leave.  This time last year, was one of the hardest I've ever endured.  As much as I love my husband, and as confident I was that God was moving us to Wilmington, I couldn't help but go kicking and screaming while simultaneously throwing myself a pitty party at every opportunity.  I'm sure I was a peach to live with. 

The past few days in my quiet time, I've been reminded just how much my life has changed and just how far I've come and how much I've been given.  Today, especially, was a day that struck such a chord with me.  It's because I remember a year ago, reading this same devotion in my Jesus Calling book.  The reason I remember it so vividly was because my mom read it too and had the same conviction as I did.  In particular, theses verses God impressed upon our hearts:

 Isaiah 55:8-9
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

Ouch! Talk about a reality check! At that time, it was God assuring us that Hudson and I were doing what He asked of us, even if it felt like we were doing something painful and scary.  Today, I read those verses and instead of experiencing conviction, I felt something more like validation or completion. 

As I reflect on the changes over the past year, I see so much good in our lives.  God's sovereignty and provision cover every step of this journey.  Our lives have changed for the better.  My priorities have shifted, my faith is strengthened, and my marriage is more mature and intimate than ever.  No longer, do I identify myself by my occupation, my life is directed by how I live for Him.  My Sundays are not spent working, they are spent at Port City Church with my husband and spending quality time with him.  My marriage that was quite happy before, is even more wonderful now because we've shifted our focus back to the One that brought us together. 

I realize now that God brought us to Wilmington to give us the life that we didn't even realize we'd been craving.  He brought us here to be with Him and bless us.  Even though I still miss my family daily, I am confident in my new home and grateful for every piece of this new life.  We are blessed with good new friends, the opportunity to build a home of our own, and the peace of knowing we are right where we are supposed to be. 

I am so thankful for the prayer and support of everyone as we made this transition.

" Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."
 Eph 3:20



Last year:


This year:

No comments:

Post a Comment