WEDDING DAY!!!!! I woke up early on Saturday, just like all the other days (even though I took a massive sleeping pill), and I was ready to go! I got up and showered and packed up my things and even had time to have coffee with my mom. I can’t remember for the life of me what I had for breakfast or if I even ate a thing. All I could think was how EXCITED I was!!!! I remember standing in the kitchen with my dad and he asked “Krissy are you nervous?” and I said “Absolutely not, not even a little. Today, getting up and knowing I’m going to marry Hudson and spend the rest of my life with him- it’s the most natural feeling in the world; like today was created just for me to walk down the aisle and start a life with him”. All day long people continued to ask if I was nervous, and my answer never changed--- I was READY.
We headed out around 8:30am to the Waynesville Inn to get ready in the suite. Of course the room wasn’t ready because they forgot that I’d set up for early check in. I called Hudson and he went down to the office and took care of it. Granted it took a little time--- so it began the domino effect of making things late. However- the suite was AMAZING!!! It was two stories with two bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and great living room and kitchen. The living room and upper bedroom walls were a floor to ceiling window that looked out onto the beautiful golf course. Everything was blooming and it was the most beautiful and calming backdrop for the day. It was so much fun being able to have all the girls in one place and not be stepping all over each other. We all got ready there and it was wonderful. We could even look down and see Hudson, Henry, and Jeff putting outside our suite. It was fun being able to see the groom (when he couldn't see me)- it made me that much more excited!
Our makeup girl set up right in front of the window so we could look out while she worked on us. Laurie set up in the upstairs bedroom so we were able to see the view there as well. We had pomosas again and a few snacks. I wasn’t hungry but Kara put her foot down. Irina dropped by and she had her go order me a turkey sandwich from the restaurant. Rudy came to deliver it later--- he said someone said I had to eat hahaha. Kara took off her trainer hat for a day and said she didn’t care what I ate as long as I ate something. I won’t lie--- that turkey sandwich and chips were a little bit of heaven at that moment.
Unfortunately, the appointments got pushed back when we got into the room late so by the time I got my hair and make-up done I was officially late for my own wedding! I threw a fit and had my bridezilla moment. We got all my stuff together and hightailed it to the church. Katy and Jo were in charge of making sure no one saw me and they also tried their best to calm me down in the car. This part of the day – being late – was the ONLY time I was stressed. I hate being late more than anything because I am such a planner. I had to hide behind Katy and Jo as we walked to the chapel and I scooted into the Memory Room to put on my dress.
Gary and his assistant were there waiting and so we got right to work! Well that’s not true--- I had a panic attack because I couldn’t find my jewelry… and THEN we got to work J We got the dress on, the Buccaneers garters, and the jewelry. Just as I finally get my dress on and my heart stops fluttering from the jewelry scare, Henry comes in ---- just what I needed! He’s just like his brother- they are just the sweetest boys and somehow they make you feel better just by being around. He was coming in to give me my wedding gift from Hudson—perfect! Gifts ALWAYS make me feel better! Hudson had gotten me a beautiful blue topaz bracelet (my birthstone)… he heard I didn’t have “something blue” to wear and so he took care of it. It was so thoughtful and sweet. I wore it on my left arm with the 2 bracelets from Elise. They were both garnets with gold--- one was a bracelet she had made for me because all the women in her family wear garnets (I fit right in) and the other was her mother Elaine’s who passed away when Hudson was a baby. Elise actually came in and helped me clasp Elaine’s bracelet- so sweet and touching.
We snapped a bunch of quick pictures before it was time to walk down the aisle. Interesting enough, there was NO mirror in this room so I had absolutely no idea what I even looked like when I walked down the aisle------ girl’s really got to trust her friends and family in a situation like that. Everyone assured me I was beautiful so we headed out. Dad and I were out in the breezeway getting ready to go in and I was so excited! He asked me again if I was ready---- heck yes! Of course I probably looked a bit of a mess b/c I was allergic to something blooming out there and my eyes were already tearing up & puffy hahaha- I told dad not to worry, I’m not crying it’s just allergies and eyelash glue J I remember being so incredibly excited as I heard the harpist begin to play my song---- “All I Ask of You” from Phantom of the Opera. Such a beautiful and romantic song with sentimental meaning for Hudson and I both together and separately. It was a surprise for him--- and I think he really liked it.
As Whitey opened the chapel doors and we walked in, I felt such a rush! Not a flood of emotions or anything like everyone told me, but more just one intense feeling of anticipatory excitement! As I turned the corner and saw Hudson I wanted to sprint down that aisle! He had the sweetest look on his face. Dad felt me kind of take off and pulled me back and said “Slow, Enjoy it”. Everyone was a blur… I couldn’t force myself to make eye contact with anyone I just kept looking back at Hudson. I did see mom and Rachel though… both crying, which was not helpful. I remember just feeling like my face couldn’t smile any bigger.
Our wedding went by what seemed so quickly. After my father gave me away... he tripped on my veil hahaha. Everyone cracked up! Thanks to Laurie, that veil went nowhere and we continued on. When asked about the first set of vows Hudson replied with a strong “ABSOLUTELY” instead of “ I do” – I loved it J. Of course when it came to the ring exchange and those vows--- Hudson wasn’t paying attention and scared me with his awkward silence when he was supposed to say my name. Apparently he thought Bro. Bart was going to say more for him to repeat. After the exchange of rings, we moved to the back and had our first communion as man and wife and Bro. Bart prayed over us and spoke with us privately. His son Christopher sang during this and it was such a beautiful time. After this, we were proclaimed husband and wife----YAY!!!!!
Following the ceremony was your typical hustle and bustle of pictures with family, wedding, party, etc in the church. After that we went outside by the lake and got some great pictures as well. Then it was off to the party!!!!! Hudson and I hopped in his mom’s Acura SUV (Since the Benz was still sick in Atlanta) and headed to the Gateway Club.
When we got to the club, the wedding party was on a different floor so we could all sit and have a drink and some hors d’oeuvres before we got introduced. Everyone else was up in the Mezzanine for the cocktail hour--- the Mezzanine has huge windows that look down into the Ballroom so everyone could see the decorations without actually being in there. It was really cool- Hudson and I were able to go in there together before everyone came down and have the entire room to ourselves and see it for the first time. It was breathtaking. All the planning, designing, and setting up had come to fruition. The flowers were different than I’d envisioned, but still gorgeous. It was fun to look around and feel like it was private… and then look up and see our friends and family in the windows waving at us haha. Right after we saw it we went back to the “holding floor” with our friends and let the guest start to enter the ballroom.
Next were the introductions---- Parents first, then wedding party. My girls entered to the Warchant and all did the Tomahawk Chop as they walked in…. except Jessica, b/c she’s a stinky ‘Cane. The boys made a bit more rowdy entrance and came in dancing, waving their jackets and/or pocket squares, and singing Petey Pablo’s “North Carolina”.
Just as Hudson and I were about to be introduced, his Aunt Mona came scurrying up to us and told us that "Uncle John is missing and you need to come look for him!". Hudson kindly explained that we were a little busy and that she'd have to wait while we enter our wedding reception. It was hilarious! So we did--- we headed out into the best party of our lives and came in to "Livin' on a prayer" by Bon Jovi. :)
We made our way up to our table on stage and sat back to enjoy the lovely toasts! Katy's Matron of Honor toast was wonderful! It was charming, witty, and sincere. I know she must have been so nervous, but she was PERFECTION. Henry... Henry was as only Henry could be- funny, direct, and a crowd pleaser! He was pure Entertainment. Dad gave the blessing and then it was on to dinner!
Hudson and I ate SO much food! I know you never hear that from the Bride and Groom at their wedding--- but we made a point to eat every single thing we had put on our menu. Prime rib, smoked salmon, shrimp and grits, mashed potato martini bar, veggies, and more! The nice part about having 3 days of wedding events is that you've mingled with everyone already! That meant we actually had the opportunity to sit and eat our entire meal - it was wonderful.
Next was cake cutting. Since I'm not a big fan of cake in general, we opted for a dessert shooter tree with a small cake on top with a swarovski encrusted "H" topper for the ceremonial cutting; as well as mini red & white cupcakes as the Grooms Cake (complete with NCSU toppers), and greek wedding cookies and baklava from wonderful Popi! We had 3 flavors of the shooters: White chocolate cheesecake with raspberry, key lime parfait, and chocolate mousse with rumcake. DELICIOUS. The only hiccup was that the top tier of the tree was unsteady and they didn't think we could cut the cake and wanted to take it down for the cutting. I put my fabulous red-stuart weitzmans-wearing foot down and told them to kindly take it back to the kitchen and make the incisions and we would just fake it. So we did! Hudson was a gentleman and kindly fed me my piece. I was a brat and smushed his in face :)
Once the dancing started-- the reception was kind of a blurr. Hudson and I danced our first dance to "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra. It was the perfect song for us. We had so much fun--- Hudson loves to dance and he just kind of throws you around. The Sinatra theme continued with "Summerwind" for Hudson and his mother. It's obvious where he gets dancing skills--- he and his mother make a great pair! They had so much fun out there! Dad and I danced to "Just the Way You Look Tonight" and it was perfect! I wanted us to go third because I had planned a surprise for Dad. When our song ended, Tony played "Old Time Rock N Roll" - this is one of Dad's favorite songs to boogie to and we seem to always dance to it at weddings. So we got the party started by inviting everyone to join us on the dance floor.
From this moment on... everything I remember is a dancing, singing, smiling, laughing, and fast-paced whirlwind. When I think about the bulk of our reception I just think FUN. Everyone danced, everyone had fun, and everyone made our night everything we had hoped for and more. You could look around and see any combination of people dancing--- whether it was Connor dancing with Elise's friend from high school or just Aunt Jean and Uncle Ed swaying in front of their kids.
One of my favorite parts of the night, though, was Hudson's rendition of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". This was an encore performance from his impromptu show at Katy & Justin's wedding. He grabbed the mic and then grabbed my mom! Started lipsynching... then made his way to Hannah, then Elise, and then me. We were then joined on the floor by all my bridesmaids dancing. It was so much fun! Hudson/Rick Astley and his harem of bridesmaids :)
After the the bouquet toss (winner Jessica!) and the garter toss (winner Henry!) it was time to wrap things up. We had a couple last dances and then at the end... a confronation began. The boys started with their "Wolf--- Pack" chant.... only to be dominated by the FSU voices there as they all sang the Warchant. What a perfect way for the party to end. All weekend had been dedicated to merging our sides... but it was nice to see we were still loyal to our beloved teams. Plus I can't think of a better way to end my wedding than the beautiful sound of the Seminole WarChant drowning out the puppy pack!
We exited through garnet rose petals being showered on us, and left what could only be described as a perfect evening. It went by so quickly, we were stunned on our drive back to the hotel--- that it was over. We enjoyed every single second- which I guess means it was a success :) Time of our lives.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment