Pages

2

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wedding Week 2010: Sunday April 11

After spending the entire night wide awake thinking about what a train wreck Saturday was,  all of us were up and ready to go at the crack of dawn.  Thank God for the Hampton Inn breakfast spread---- none of us had eaten at all Saturday and were so disgruntled we chose to forfeit dinner and just go to bed.  Breakfast has never tasted so good (especially before it was even light out)—they had hot eggs, bacon, a waffle iron, muffins, and fresh juice and coffee.   We filled up and hit the road. 
We finally made it to Waynesville and were greeted by the most beautiful spring green and blooms! Spring was officially starting in the mountains--- just in time for our wedding!  As we drove down the Smoky Mountain Expressway--- I just felt so much peace.  Seeing the beauty God had provided for our wedding loosened my nerves and made me SO happy.  When we were there 3 weeks before, the trees were still bare and the lake was only half full, so this sight was such a relief!
Here's what I saw as we came in to town...

We even drove by Lake Junaluska just to see how it was looking... Beautiful :)

We got up to the house and had enough time to shower and feel human again before heading to the Gateway Club for brunch.  This isn’t necessarily a monumental event, except that it was the best brunch I have ever had in my entire life.  I had the most amazing shrimp and grits as well as the finest mimosas (yes plural--- hey I’d had a very traumatic weekend!) along with some delicious chocolate shortbread for dessert.   Sunday was the official beginning of Wedding Week- I chose to pretend Saturday never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment